11/3/08

on exploring new paths

when the mind is awake, every second of life has a new lesson to teach, don't you think? today, as i walked to school, i was so immersed in the gentle beauty of the rain that i turned right a turn too early (on durant instead of bancroft) and found myself on a new path. my first reaction was one of mild disappointment... my morning walks are a special part of my day and i've acquired a fondness for my regular walking route (as i continue to post about detachment) :). but in less than a block, i found myself in front of a japanese buddhist studies book store. given my extensive reading of thich nhat hanh of late, this was a phenomenal discovery. need i say more on the lesson that i learned?

(and need i add that i cannot wait for school to be done today so i can attack this book store?)

No comments: