4/5/09

the greatest friend of all

i love my friends; i'm thankful for their angelic presence in my life several times in a day. there is one friend though, the importance of whose presence i have recently discovered, and it fills my heart with immeasurable joy to acknowledge. he is with me all the time, robbing me of his company only when i stray from my path and do an act that lacks dignity (but not for long). he resolves my dilemmas with remarkable ease, and lovingly leads me onto the path that is in keeping with my larger goals and deeper values.

he commends me for tasks well done, so i may continue to do them. he brings my heart at peace even when the outside world appears bleak sometimes. he holds my hand as i walk up the steep, steep mountainous climb. he does everything to help me touch my ideals. to me, he is god. himself. i will not be weak as long as he is with me. and he is always with me.

he is truth - my constant companion.

3 comments:

Adu said...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof

Amrithaa said...

seriously...ooofff only :)

8&20 said...

:).

when i wrote this post, i really did feel 'held' by truth. nothing else would do the holding up. and it was a truly comforting feeling.