3/16/09

thank you, hafiz

when i read hafiz (i recently purchased the gift), i am filled with an overarching desire to find in me that side of him that loves all fellow beings boundlessly and with utter selflessness. that truth does lie within us all, i have no doubt. and in a moment's surrender of the ego, the appearance of the world does change drastically. i wonder if reading, understanding, and meditating upon hafiz repeatedly could give birth to a baby hafiz in me? or perhaps we already all have a baby hafiz in us, we just need to find the right nourishment for him? anyway, here's a poem for you to ponder over:

Even
After
All this time
The sun never says to the earth,

"You owe
Me."

Look
What happens
With a love like that,
It lights the
Whole
Sky.

4 comments:

Bright Butterfly said...

Beautiful poem and I hadn't seen this one before. It is incredible to think about the standard of selflessness, generosity, love, humility the earth sets.

For years Hafiz has been the primary divine elixir for my soul. I'm so glad you're discovering him. :)

Adu said...

ooooo that's a lovely thought!

8&20 said...

BB: Well, I have you to thank for it, Butterfly.

Adu: I know! Isn't it? The words are simple, succinct, and pure :). The message is clear - we all need to be like the sun :).

Amrithaa said...

Lovely!! :)