3/18/09

not so nightmarish

last night i had a dream in which two people tried to kill me. no i have no idea who they were - it did not seem important :). while i've had similar and unpleasant dreams before and woken myself up in a sweat, last night was different. in my dream, i reasoned with myself - asked myself what there was to worry about. after all, my loved ones were safe, for i had already bargained for their lives with these folks who were intent on hurting me. what followed then was a philosophical discussion between the forces within - indeed, my very own version of lord krishna's famed dialog with arjuna. i (very literally) did not lose any sleep :). i haven't quite unpacked it yet, but it feels somewhat encouraging to know that i did not need to wake up to find my peace.

2 comments:

Amrithaa said...

this is truly amazing..meta-level dream enacting...

8&20 said...

:)

it did feel amazing, and the funny thing is - i now long to dream of more 'test situations', to see how i react to them :).