3/22/09

taking leave

a lifetime ago, here is a short verse i had written:
I take your leave, as I leave to travel
There is a person I must find.
And with her, some contentment,
non-elusive peace of mind.
i was tempted to quote this verse today for its fitting first line. when i read it though, i realized that the rest made little sense. while i do take your leave as i leave to travel, there is no longer anyone to be found. and contentment and non-elusive peace of mind are no longer sought - they are choices that have been made.

spring break permits me to extricate myself from an otherwise inextricable web of mundanities. i grab the opportunity, and with both hands. thus i enforce internet-downtime on myself for the next few days. if you absolutely and urgently need to get in touch with me in this time, please call me. better yet, call a :). i'll be busy establishing oneness with the scenic wonders of the pacific north-west.

i'll miss you, world. do please take good care of yourselves until i'm back. much love.

4 comments:

Adu said...

yay yay yay :)

Amrithaa said...

enjoy the retreat! :)

Anonymous said...

so it is true. you do follow non-caps religiously :)
enjoy your stay here !

8&20 said...

adu: the trip was fabulous - thanks to you!

aa: thank you! it was definitely a special trip :).

p: i do, i do. but i have nothing against caps either :). i've just fallen into this flow. and indeed i did enjoy my stay there - many thanks to you too!