3/6/09

a couple things

today, i came across two readings that left me especially touched. the first was a message from one of my oldest and best friends, wishing me on women's day (i did not know there was such a thing. is there a men's day as well?) here is what the message said, rather lovingly:
God doesn't give you the people you want. He gives you the people you NEED - To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you, and to make you into the person you were meant to be.

Dear God:
The lady reading this is beautiful, classy and strong, and I love her. Help her live her life to the fullest. Please promote her and cause her to excel above her expectations. Help her shine in the darkest places where it is impossible to love. Protect her at all times, lift her up when she needs you the most, and let her know when she walks with you, she will always be safe.

[Now you're on the clock!!!! In 9 minutes something will make you happy.
But you have to tell 9 Ladies that you love them.
Go!!!!]

[no, i didn't follow instructions, i sent it to 4 instead. so that i was made happy in 4 ;).]
the second moment of wonder came while i was at borders (bookshops feel so like home these days) - an old, old song i have always found inspiring. thank you for singing this to me, leann womack.
I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty-handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances but they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth making
Don't let some hell-bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out, reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance

No comments: