3/12/09

@freight and salvage coffeehouse

the world is being so giving, i can barely keep track. even with my current, reasonably insane, pace of blogging, i find myself missing out on recording some of the most insightful and enlightening moments of my life thus far. never mind. we'll do what we can, yeah?

i am back now from a most memorable concert - my very first scottish fiddle/cello concert (and certainly not my last). my bff, the bringer of many wonderful things to my life, apprised me of this concert yesterday, and i bought my ticket. when she recommends, i need not question, as i found again today. i had dinner with her family and another friend at fellini's (an exquisite italian place on university ave that has excellent chocolate lava and not-as-excellent risotto), from where we headed to freight and salvage almost an hour in advance (to get good seating, and i realized the immense benefit afer). in the line, we ran into old friends and acquaintances of g&l. one of them asked me if i had heard them before. when i said no, that it was my first time, she said, "wow, you're going to be in for a treat aren't you?" indeed, she was right. it was a treat like no other that i remember. in fact, my only source of sadness (if one can call it that) is that there will no longer be a first time. but l assured (and i do not believe her) that every time one listens to alasdair fraser live, it's like the first time.

the music was soul-stirring, to say the least. i have no words to describe the experience and i will not try. it suffices to say that i was introduced to a whole new world today and was left completely floored (may i add that life is kind - it is about the 999th time i have felt thus in the last few months!). i have two of their cd's now, and if you're interested, i'd love to share with you a taste of their music.

3 comments:

Bright Butterfly said...

And now I can hear the rise and fall of the notes from this duo and how these 2 fine musicians fill the spaces of one another so beautifully, can feel the deep impact of how Alasdair knows just how to hold a note to tug at your heart, can sense that transcendence I always feel at Alasdair's concerts...

I'm so glad you could go and that you enjoyed it so! And yes, there will be more. Much much more of this music.

8&20 said...

You're so right about the filling in of the spaces. And in a way, isn't that what's beautiful about our own relationships as well? How, when we fill in the spaces for each other, things fit right in?

I'm looking forward to it, by all means :).

Bright Butterfly said...

i love how you extended this idea to all our relationships! Bravo. :) So true.