10/22/08

the unbearable lightness of being

today, it was time to get a hair-cut. in recent days, my hair had grown so long and hard to manage, this was the only way out. i'd thought i'd go last saturday, then sunday, and finally settled on wednesday since it's my freeest day. after finishing class, i walked to panache. alas, it wasn't there. the place i'd get my hair cut eons ago no longer existed. i was heart-broken, but realized that some things do change, and there's naught one can do about it... i walked, then, back home, and stopped by studio 19 on the way. this was not a very fancy place, certainly the hair-cut came a lot cheaper. but i'm a student now, and cheap hair-cuts are good :). the lady was kind, and cut my hair like i wanted it, in spite of her own affinity for my hair (and therefore, for keeping it long). as soon as i left the salon, i could feel the lightness of being. as though a weight had been lifted off my head (and indeed it had, quite literally). i no longer need the assistance of hairclips and rubber-bands. i feel free as a bird. yep.

No comments: