10/29/08

connections?

as i walked back home from class at 10.30am today (thank you, god, for wednesdays :), and as i walked past sather gate, my mind wandered back to a long-forgotten incident. on a sunny afternoon about eight years ago, i was studying on one of the many stretches of grass in the adorable berkeley campus. a calpirg volunteer approached me and asked if she could take a few minutes of my time. i was happy to talk with her, and she explained to me what calpirg was all about. she asked if i'd be willing to donate a small amount to calpirg for the rest of my semesters at berkeley. perhaps i was feeling unduly generous then, i don't know, but i happily consented with the belief that my money went to a good cause.

i haven't thought about that incident a whole lot in the last eight years, but i thought of it today, and continued to walk through lower sproul, when a girl with a pleasant smile came up to me and said hi. my heart warmed to her immediately and i responded likewise. she asked "have you ever pledged to calpirg before?" i continued to smile, said "yes i have" and walked on, marveling at the quaint coincidences life sometimes brings our way - all too occasionally :).

No comments: