10/23/08

there was a time

when, if i looked at the table of contents and found the following -

I. THE RELATION OF THE INDIVIDUAL TO THE UNIVERSE II. SOUL CONSCIOUSNESS III. THE PROBLEM OF EVIL IV. THE PROBLEM OF SELF V. REALISATION IN LOVE VI. REALISATION IN ACTION VII. THE REALISATION OF BEAUTY VIII. THE REALISATION OF THE INFINITE

i'd have wanted to shut the book and never read it again. it would have seemed way out of my league, beyond my understanding, and certainly outside of my interest.

but things are different now. the book is sadhana, by rabindranath tagore, and it has opened my eyes to a world i didn't know existed. no, let me put it differently - to a universe i knew about in some vagueness, but the pieces had never fit as beautifully, as cohesively. i read it a week ago and loved it. today, i read it again. and each time i read a segment of it, it introduces me to a whole new meaning i had failed to grasp previously.

i am grateful for/to this book.

No comments: