10/17/08

lying in bed...

...the world feels so different. this morning, when i woke up after only a few hours of sleep, i thought of all kinds of ways to make up for this lost sleep during the day. could i come back after my field visit and take a nap before the workshop? after the workshop? should i change the rest of my plans for the day? etc. i could only barely lift myself off the bed.

half an hour later, the world looks drastically different. it's a beautiful refreshing morning, am longing to leave the house, and look forward to learning a lot today, for this day has several new experiences in store for me.

it's all about the lens one uses, right? the in-bed lens and the half-hour-waking-point lens. and that makes all the difference (ref: stopping by woods...).

4 comments:

Bright Butterfly said...

So true! I had the same experience this morning! I woke up, hit the snooze button, got dressed then got under the covers again for another 10 min or so, maximizing a few last minutes in bed... then I went off to volunteer at this preschool where I've been spending my Friday mornings... and the whole world was made anew, fresh, full of life and love, overflowing with joy! So many beautiful new discoveries and connections with the kids today! Chances to connect with kids who had been shy up 'til now... to sing songs and make alphabets and paper planes... I couldn't be happier to be awake and experiencing the glory of this day! (even if later I might take a nap) ;)

8&20 said...

you get under covers after getting dressed? gosh, dudette. that's cos you don't shower in the mornings :).

your day sounds amazing. i was at a school with some high school kids we were interviewing. children are indeed precious. one boy admitted that he mostly used the internet at home to chat with girls :).

Abhinav said...

i think ur drinking some really good coffee, i could use some of that to start my day too :)

8&20 said...

tetley tea :). sometimes.

welcome to my blog :).