2/6/09

through the clouds

the sun doth shine... bringing with it rays of hope and belief. after a refreshingly cloudy morning, the beauty of this world is much enhanced. i carried the prayer of abandonment in my heart today and it undoubtedly helped to make the first half of the day blissful (no doubt it will work its magic on the rest as well).

the day started with two fruitful meetings in the department (that i was able to contribute not so negligibly in for a change), after which i attended a fantastic "fridays at noon" concert at hertz hall (mentioned a couple posts ago). tony lin performed three pieces, the chopin piece sounding best (to my ignorant ears) and bringing me to wonder at the silence that follows that final note. that sound of silence truly was exquisite. lunch and conversation followed at the musical offering - an excellent cafe on bancroft. (note: i am off the fruit/nut diet now - i decided after 4 days that it wasn't for me _for now_, but i'm glad to have tried it!)

when i came home, i found in my email a link my sister had sent. my typical tendency to avoid clicking on links would have served me ill today, and there's a lesson, for in that obscure link, i found hidden, a deeply precious treasure - my favorite melody from when i was no more than 8 years old. click here, if you'd like to share in my elation. shortly after, a friend sent me one of his favorite melodies from when he was young. definitely more fun :).

No comments: