2/18/09

"thanks for sharing"

in recent days, i have both heard and felt this often, realizing thus that the line has come to acquire a whole new meaning for me. we don't grow in isolation, but in our interactions with this world - the flow of knowledge that takes place between the world and us. much (most?) of this growth may be attributed to the nuggets of wisdom that our friends and loved ones share with us. as i read bright butterfly's comment on my previous post, it struck me all of a sudden how much richer my life is for the gems that have been shared with me. i consider it a divine occurrence each time a song, a poem, a thought flies past me and leaves my life (and me) changed forever.

and so, dear world, every time you hear me say "thanks for sharing", what i really mean to say is, "you've changed my life forever, with this treasure that you've shared. i could never thank you enough! sigh."

3 comments:

Adu said...

ur very welcome, 8&20 :p

Marvin said...

your optimism always makes me wonder. but more often, it makes me smile. thanks.

8&20 said...

adu: did i thank you recently? just kidding :D.

marvin: i wonder what it makes you wonder, but smiling is good. always smile, please :)