5/25/09

A week of firsts

The week that just went by was my second week of the summer, and first week of this vacation. Apart from being the first of this vacation, the week brought several other firsts as well.
  • For over a year, I haven't spent an entire week without a shred of work on my mind. This was that.
  • I slept blissfully, abundantly, and helplessly - during the day, during the night, really anytime and all the time. My mom even came to wake me up once asking if there was something wrong and whether I needed her to take me to the doctor. (I slept through that as well, thinking it was but a dream until I checked later.) And this when just a few weeks before I left, I chided a friend for spending several hours of his vacation in bed. I could hardly believe it at first, for really, I've never been this sleep-crazy. It couldn't even have been sleep deprivation or jet lag beyond a point... I just freely willed it to come and it came.
  • I read a book a day (and each book had 200+ pages). Given how much I was sleeping, this really is surprising.
  • I learned how to work the Indian TV system - remote et al. - certainly the first time in years.
  • I drank coke - again a first in years. I'm good for another few though :).
  • I'm officially over my craze for Indian Chinese food. This was almost disappointing, because now I have nothing to pipe on about in terms of food in India. I'm not sure what happened, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore.
There were more, I'm sure of it, but I can't think of any now. Anyway, I shall look forward hence to a week of seconds :).

5 comments:

Marvin said...

The first week you did not write an overtly spiritual post perhaps?

*looks on in nervous apprehension*

8&20 said...

:)

Not "overtly", this is true. I wouldn't go further than that qualification though :).

It may even be the second week of that, actually :).

8&20 said...

Dude, Self-Reliance by Emerson - can it get more overt? :)

Marvin said...

Hence the apprehension re. Duhh!

PS - You used 'Dude'. That's NOT spirirtual. Tsk tsk.

Abhinav said...

Chiding a friend for sleeping ? kyun bhai sone do usko araam se...