8/31/07

lady luck shines

it occurred to me yesterday that, while i was still in india, i could arrange for outfits for all of dhwani to wear on 11/3 (and in future, when needed). the idea was exciting, especially since i had just started to recover from the viral. unable to contain my energy levels, i sent mail to all of dhwani right away. discussion ensued, and ultimately, many voiced their agreement. those who didn't, haven't written either way. so now, we had a plan to get the outfits made, the design had been finalized, i was also hyper-excited about letting my (however limited) creative juices flow. incidentally, few things excite me more than color coordination.

there was just one slight hitch. we didn't have a way of transporting these to the u.s. baggage limitations are high, and i certainly didn't have room (my 3 month stay justifies that, yeah?). the people i'd hoped to count on bailed on me, but to be fair, they'd never known i'd ask :). one of them needs to carry a cricket kit back to stanford, and the other - a tanpura, so no hope there. i sent mail again - to bring to light the possibility of things 'not happening'.

an hour later, my cousin (in delhi) called to say he had to make an urgent work trip to sf tomorrow. and if i wanted to send any luggage with him, i could. wow. although i'm sad that i won't get to see him again, because he leaves tomorrow and returns when i head out, i was elated at the turn of events and the possibilities it opened.

there is such a thing as luck.
if you believe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was curious if you ever considered changing the structure of your website?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of
content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two
pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?

Review my blog post Pirater Un compte Facebook