7/14/09

Barkha bahaar aayi...

The monsoon rains have taken the country by storm, rather literally. They also seem to be following me around in my travels, filling me up to the brim with love for the here and now. Both urban and rural landscapes appear rather blessed by the onslaught. I only wish that cities such as Mumbai were better equipped to handle the downpour.

Although I managed to steal a few days in Delhi between travels, I also fell sick as soon as I reached home. Good health is tautologically a good thing, but if one has to fall sick, there is no better place to do it than home. After the varied bouts of illness in recent weeks, my mind is convinced that my body will embrace all experiences brought forth by the next couple of months, no problem. Of course, if I end up having to eat my words, then eat I willingly shall :).

I now have a treasure trove of experiences to associate with this year's monsoons - first, the phenomenal moments spent on A's window sill, then the more intimate encounters in Malwa, and finally, the much-needed relief in Delhi. No doubt I speak prematurely, for the next few weeks will find me amidst the Bikaner and Bangalore avatars as well. The world has acquired a greener, cleaner, happier hue. But like everything, this too, I know, shall pass...

[I had wanted to write about the clouds in Luniyakhedi and how they attacked us with great gusto, how we found ourselves completely soaked to the skin. Also, I would've loved to share the many songs we sang to pay homage to the rains - o sajana, rimjhim gire saawan, bheegi bheegi raaton mein, ghanan ghanan, zara zara, the list is endless. Another time, perhaps. The muse is still recovering from being so generously overfed last week.]

No comments: