12/6/08

life's wonders never cease

every night, i find myself grateful for the lessons the day brought. and every night, i am more grateful. is this even sustainable?

this day brought with it several unplanned and entirely desirable surprises (remember what i said last night about unplanned-ness?). a dear friend brought me a miracle oil from a 2000 year old church, and i believe it has already begun to work its miracles on me. (may i add that i wept freely and joyfully at the thoughtfulness of this gesture!) i also received a beautiful zen mind calendar as a present from yet another precious friend. we're not at january yet, but i decided to be forward-looking and hung it up already :). the january quote was indeed precious, and spoke straight to the heart:
Instead of galloping about, we walk slowly, like a cow or an elephant. If you walk slowly, without any idea of gain, then you are already a good Zen student.
my official goal for january, i have decided, is to be a cow - walking slowly, chewing cud. wish me success?

and yet again, i am grateful for those who love and care and are always there. may the lord give me the chance to be of service to them as they have been of service to me. someday, i pray, this blessing i shall be worthy of.

No comments: