9/5/07

blood suckers

last night, i switched on the mosquito repellent in my room, and promptly fell asleep on my mom's bed. as a result, mom slept on dad's, and dad slept on mine.

in the night, i couldn't sleep. mosquitoes were everywhere. on my toes, in my ear, on my elbows - everywhere. i woke up in agony, and couldn't find the repellent plugged in, so i took the first and only thing i could find (a blanket) and covered myself. the only catch was that the ac was off, and it was hot. i had to make a choice between blood suckers and heat, and chose heat. it wasn't fun.

in the morning, at tea, i told mom and dad about my plight the previous night. they refused to believe me. they said they had begun to sleep without the repellent because the mosquitoes didn't seem to bother them any more. duh, yeah. that's 'cos they're busy sucking the life out of me.

my parents don't believe me, but it's true. what else could explain their (mistaken) belief that the mosquitoes disappeared just as i appeared, and haven't appeared since?!

2 comments:

PeeVee said...

You know what - this is funny. Because my family thinks I'm the mosquito repellent. Mosquitoes totally love me and don't bother to bite other people when I'm around.

8&20 said...

ha ha ha ha. maybe we'll call you odomos from now on :P