8/3/09

So Far So Good

Ever since I stated my goals and began to visualize them, I've made some noticeable progress on most (if not all) sectors. Allow me to bore you with the details. Or allow me to allow you to skip reading this post entirely. That will do you good. And don't say I didn't warn you!
  • I entered a bookstore, not intending to buy a thing really, and my eyes instantly fell on a book of digital photography soon as I entered. This spoke to some of the things I'd been trying to figure out how to do with my photos. Honestly, it was a clear step up. I'm a little better now, and have a tutorial lined up for tomorrow by someone who generously offered to teach me some photo-polishing techniques in Photoshop.
  • The very same coworker is an expert at Illustrator and illustrated some remarkable tricks today that left me floored. I absolutely have to learn to use this better, and he's going to pass on a copy of Illustrator for Dummies to me tomorrow. Step up.
  • As for singing - I have found a potential guru, sort of. Regardless, steps have been taken to generate a plan for the near future. In the meantime, meditation upon music continues.
  • Writing down the bones, no questions there.
  • The process of photography doesn't ever stop. The digital photography book taught me some great techniques for better management of light, different styles of compositions, etc. I also learned how my dSLR does its metering, after all these years. The India: Then and Now book brought new perspective on perspectives, especially for building/landscape captures. Clear and solid step up.
  • Not learning Bangla yet, but certainly trying to follow the Bangla words used in the biography I am reading currently. Let's say that counts.
  • Can't say I've embarked upon solid research questions to explore. However, a long mail update was just dispatched to the advisor, and we'll be talking later this week on phone. I'd say there's progress towards progress.
  • Continuing to be positive and enthusiastic. Laughing in loud, uncontrolled guffaws. And refraining from homesickness (now that is a big deal!).
  • Loving as much as I can, and trying to love more. With non-attachment and acceptance. The progress is less discrete, and there's still a long way to go. We'll be hopeful for now, though.
  • Yep, growing. Trying to expand horizons as we speak. Getting to know new people, more people. Trying to learn new things. I suppose this one is hard to avoid even, though!

1 comment:

Amrithaa said...

good job sg! :)