8/7/09

Bangalore

This is my fourth and final stretch in Bangalore, and although I've taken several captures to remember it by, perhaps it also merits a post. I sit here then, and wonder - what comes to mind when I think Bangalore? The people first - those who have floated in and out of life ever so seamlessly, bringing with them moments of happiness. Bangalore brought me to meet a friend I hadn't seen in 21 years, a close friend from high school whom I met after 12, several friends from college - some close, some not so close... I also made new acquaintances, forged new friendships, and all of these trysts helped make my stay at Bangalore lovely and memorable. So when I think Bangalore, these will always be the first to come to mind.

And then, the place. Bangalore offered so many and varied experiences. The guest house, in its calmness and serenity, welcomed me each time I entered its vast, green landscape. Even as I sit and type these words, I hear the wind brush against the leaves outside, knowing I will always remember it with great fondness. Outside the guest house, I have gradually developed a deeper acquaintance with Yelahanka - on foot, in a car, bus, auto, motorbike, scooter... And this reminds me to mention the traffic in which the entire city is ever afloat. Indeed, Bangalore would not be Bangalore without it.

At first glance, I loved how green Bangalore was, though I must admit that I've gotten rather used to it and now take its shades for granted. The weather, of course, is to die for. Where else in India does one need to keep a shawl at hand, at all times? I love the breeze, and rejoice when it turns to wind. Indeed, there is a natural air-conditioning that Bangalore is blessed with. And when it rains, it feels as though the heavens are pouring.

Mmm, that about covers it all, doesn't it? And yet, I've clearly done no justice whatsoever. I promise to try harder next time.

No comments: