8/4/09

Apologies

Earlier today, I posted excerpts from The Secret. I take these back now, with the realization that a little knowledge is sometimes a dangerous thing.

I must admit I do believe that this book is a little in that realm of offering a little knowledge that cannot stand alone on its own two feet. What one takes from it and runs with is anybody's guess really, and that thought makes me rather uneasy. When a kind friend helped me understand the implications from an alternate perspective, I felt rather sheepish about exhibiting this content on my blog.

If you wish to read The Secret, by all means read it. But pray, do keep in mind that most of the great masters it quotes have said a lot more than just what the book presents. The lessons of detachment, mindfulness, acceptance and surrender, equanimity, selflessness... are also to be kept in mind, as one embraces the attitude of gratitude, positive thinking, visualizing goals, and what have you.

I hope we understand each other :).

No comments: