5/20/07

pomp and circumstance

always fills me with nostalgia. and of course, the more i have occasion to listen to it, the more occasions there are to be nostalgic about. i have had the good fortune to attend 13 graduation ceremonies so far. it saddens me to realize that i will not be able to photograph adu's graduation though, because i will be at my own, next year :(.

today i was at b's and k's graduation at berkeley. the greek theatre is something else, berkeley spirit just oozing out of every corner. my very first dorm (stern hall) was bang next to the greek theatre, and we would know each time there was a concert, graduation, etc. this reminds me of s (my next door neighbor and best friend at berkeley), and i should let any interested blog readers know that i tried the *67 trick and spoke to s today, after 3 years (refer to this post). it was a lo...ng conversation, and immensely satisfying.

took some pictures at the ceremony, but would hugely love a wider angle and larger zoom lens. being uploaded on smugmug already, so check them out. been up since 5.15am, but do not wish to sleep until the upload is complete. hence i am killing time by writing this entry :).

(and falling asleep right after typing above line....)

1 comment:

amrith said...

13 ceremonies is a huge number.... i've only attended 5 i think, and that includes my elementary school graduation :).