6/22/07

peace begets more peace

there is a person with the same name as me who works for a bank in singapore. often, i get mail that was intended for her. this time, the mail seemed to be of some importance (well, not really - it was about party plans for a weekend :) so i thought i should write back to the sender saying i wasn't the intended party.

here's what i wrote (to sender and to the namesake, at her work email):

Wrong address. Sorry! :)

X – I think I might end up getting a lot of mail intended for you. I do try to tell people that I'm not the person they're looking for. Maybe there are other Xs as well whose mail I might be getting.

Best,
and here's the response i received from aforementioned sender:
You're very kind..I never write such polite emails when people email me by mistake - not that I'm rude, but not this polite! This is gonna change my life..Apologies for emailing you ..

thanks
it may not really change his life, but that he so embraced my politeness is definitely going to encourage me to be polite the next time and the next... the world needs more of these people, for sure!

touched.

No comments: