5/21/08

the audience, at large?

am thinking about privacy issues. if i ask myself "who do i blog for?", i find that the most accurate answer is "myself". it's true that, in the end, the purpose of this blog is for me to be in touch with my thought processes, my journey as an individual in this ever-changing world (cliche!). but somewhere in the middle, this blog also ends up sharing this very journey with others. who should these "others" be? close friends, certainly. strangers? perhaps. mere acquaintances? i do not know. is there even an answer? and what is the question, exactly?

i started with keeping this blog anonymous, and it continues to be, but perhaps only out of inertia. people around me who read this blog will ascertain who i am, for sure. at some point, the blog also had access by invitation only. but i changed that after it began to interfere with rss feeds for the invitees :). now i wonder if i should make it more transparent. am i embarrassed to be associated with these writings? i don't think so. or at least, i hope not :). there isn't anything all that incriminating either, though had i still been working and my co-workers had realized how eager i was to get out, that may not have been so great. quantities of cheese are also fairly under control here. perhaps, then, it is ok?

ldt has taught me to think about the target audience - for every project - even while i sleep.

No comments: