10/24/07

inauguration day

i now have a backpack. this is great, because until now i'd been forced to minimize on what i carried to school, given the limitations of my sling laptop bag. i no longer need to carry my reader in hand, since it has a large backpack pocket to fit into. i can also carry my wallet to school now, instead of carrying loose cash. my trouser pockets are empty, because my phone and keys have a new place to go in. this feels fantastic!

i also made it to my 9 am class on time (this is a first), for i rode my bike to school today. why today? well, my bike was in the repair shop for the longest time. it came out last week, but then i needed a backpack to bike comfortably (though perhaps that was little more than an excuse for postponement). last evening, i got my backpack in the mail. (courtesy beautiful sister.) interestingly, it took some work to remember how to lock and unlock the bike, how to brake, etc. but you know what they say about biking and swimming...

new backpack, (effectively) new bike - i'm a happy camper :).

2 comments:

Echo said...

Can't help but notice that this post was written at 9:38 AM and that you had a 9 AM class. :D Anyway, happy biking...

8&20 said...

:)

i love that you have the eye to have noticed that :). i noticed that i was letting the world know how terrible i am - blogging from class! good job though :).