10/30/06

this tree

i do not have a window in my office, but my co-worker across the hallway does. when his door is open, i can look through his window out at this tree - that stands single and tall. it may sound cheesy, but every time i am tired at work, dejected from little failures, or low in general, i take a look out the window. and i am filled with varying emotions -

in the summer, the tree would be bathed in sunlight. telling me to keep on going, for there was that to look forward to - the sun, the cool breeze, the summer-ness that i love so dearly. and now in the winter, it tells me that i have company, in my hard and long hours at work. its plight is no better, after all, for it stands there alone, endlessly withstanding the cold, the wind.

maybe i will take a picture one day, with my 350d, for all of you to see for yourself. it is really a very special tree.

1 comment:

8&20 said...

hmm, yeah, i thought of calling this post "the giving tree" then decided to be original instead, at the cost of being more boring i guess :(